2XU Compression Run 2018

8 April 2018, Sunday! 

Finally D-Day of the run that I've been training for the past few months since January! Still can't believe I actually agreed on signing up for this run along with Michy & RZ! Coz for someone like me who can't even run constantly throughout for my 2.4 km run back in pri and sec days, running throughout for 10 km run is insane! Was still hesitating and contemplating on whether I should have signed up for the 5 km run instead but glad I didnt! :P

Number & Shoe Tag

Survived with 2 hours of sleep yet again! I dunno why everytime I have plans for 10 km run the next day, I'll be out till late the previous day which makes me shag and lack of sleep! But still managed to run 10km! HAHAHA >.< Slept at 2 am and woke up at 4 am today! Cabbed over to F1 pit building before we start prepping for the actual wave 1 flag off at 6.45 am :D

Finding nice background to take photo
Before the run ^^

I wouldn't say it was a good run as compared to the past 10 km I ran during trainings but the vibe and energy in seeing everyone running together is quite heartening and makes you wanna endure the run and make the best out of it. Many times I had the thought of giving up but I managed to push through! Stitches yet again during the 2 km and 7 km mark but glad I still continued! Though we couldn't hit our desired timing goal of 1 hr but guess theres an improvement from the past timings of 1 hr 10 min :P Still very very proud of us all for completing it together and sorry for being a major burden who's constantly been lagging behind and y'all have to wait for me or reduce your pace for me!

10 KM DONE

Pretty shagged out after the run! Collected our medal, banana, towel and sports drink before heading over to collect our bags and cool down! Officer conducting cool down but the two of us can't seem to be bothered by the cool down exercise. We were just busy taking selfies and photoshoot-ing throughout, damn joke! HAHAHA! I think he's really very done with us :P

- R Z -
- M I C H Y -

Coincidentally bumped into Joel who signed up for the 21.1 km run as well and Mack who managed to get off to join this run today! HAHA! 'Stole' his photo for some shots! Would I ever complete a 21.1 km run in my life? Hmmmm...

Decided to be an imposter

Was a good day and I'm more than thankful I was forced to step out of my comfort zone and challenge myself into joining this run. Thanks michy for being so enthu about this if not I doubt this would ever happen >.< I'll give 21km a serious thought but no promises coz I doubt I'll be able to do it like honestly! HAHAHA

 

Would never have thought this combi would work but glad it did! Thanks for having each other's back and knowing that I got yall to rely on in times when I feel like giving up! HAHAHA! To many more achievements unlocked together bah! Till then~~ It was definitely a good run with yall, time to rest for now before our next adventuree! :))

Comments

Popular Posts