CS 6th event!
Project happy feet slipper race @ 31Augst2013 @ 6am @ Eastcoastpark! Another morning event! Super early reporting time that almost killed all of us.. Some tonned while some dragged ourselves out of bed to reach there on time! For me, I overslept! OMG first time my alarm fail on me! So rushed and otw to pioneer mrt, managed to stop a taxi! Went to fetch jiayi then JiaYun then Jamie then off to ECP! Reached and went to Mac to find the ton group before walking to the assembling point!
Went to the stage to meet the rest and then signed in to get our name tags for volunteer leaders! So sad the person thought I'm the one that's not coming instead of Kilice so my name can't be found and no certificate for me:(((( but still I won't be affected coz of this right main motive is to volunteer for this event! The attire for this event is the only thing I like coz we can come in slippers and shorts! Woohoo~~
Briefing started after signing in and getting our name tags so we went to the allocated zones! For me, zone B together with Nicholas, ChaiNa, LingTing & Joyann! :) I'm the blur one coz I didn't went for the trial on Friday but all my group were also confused and unsure so we just figure our way through..
Really quite blur and dunno what to do but I just followed what the others were doing.. Look out for lamp posts number to find out which area out zone actually covered! Basically what we have to do is wait for volunteers of the different schools to arrive, allocate them to different places as road marshals, hand out clappers and whistles for them to cheer on participants and brief them on what they are supposed to do!
Me, Nicholas and ChaiNa covered one area while Joyann and LingTing covered the other. Allocation was quite a simple job but handling the students of the schools was a challenge especially when you don't know them..
Stopped to admire this beautiful scenery of the sea and sky.. Glad that I allocated myself to station at a place opposite of such views.. I want to go back there to listen to the waves and enjoy the breeze one dayyy :)
Me and ChaiNa went to our spots to get ready to do our job, cheer on the participants! But since the race just started and the area we are at is the the lane where the participant approach the finishing line, we still can slack for awhile! Nicholas was busy all this while with phone spams and collating of the attendance lists..
The crowd slowly came and we were working hard! Using the clappers and whistling trying to bring the mood and spirit of the participants up. Just when we thought the race ended and started sitting down and camwhore..
Another crowd approached and we get back to our feets and cheered for them! Phew tiring job coz our saliva were flying around due to all those whistling! Continued camwhore after the crowd really died down and all the participants finished the race! Slipper race success!
Headed back to the meeting point earlier on with the kids and took a group volunteer shot! Grabbed the certs and goodie bags for them and distributed before they left.
Reunited with the rest of the CS and got all our goodie bags and certs! Except me, no cert:((( As we were lepaking, chit chatting under the shade we were assigned a task. We were asked to pick up the confetti bits that was used earlier on which was dispersed around the grass patch ahead of us..
No choice but to listen to what they said so we literally picked up every single piece we saw together as one under the hot, burning, scorching sun! Continuous complains but we still did! I have no idea how long we did that but I'm sure it's definitely more than 30mins! Torturing time that we all can't withstand!
However, it bonded us more and the group photo with the huge balloons as well! The balloon is so long, huge and beautiful that we took so much pictures with it! Love each and every single one of them! :D
Finally no more picking up of the leftover bits so it's debrief time! After that, left the place and off to Nadiah's house with the few others! We were all so tired but still dragging our feets over! Traveling all over to sengkang is not a good thing for me especially having to change sooooo many trains. From green line to circle line to purple line to LRT! But my first ever HARI raya visit so I should treasure! Not a good thing to reject Nadiah as well so we went!
Though we were all so dead and the traveling time there was so tiring we still made our way there. All I could say is it was worth it. The food prepared by Nadiah's parents were yum yum! And the rose syrup as well! Can't resist! Now I'm craving for bandung all over again! The dessert was also very yummy coz it's so cooling with ice shavings and sea coconut! So sweet, I like! Hehe
Chatted for awhile and watched anacondas! Self entertained ourselves and started playing around with jiayun's fish eye lens!
Stayed awhile more before we all went back. Went separate ways and the jorney back home begins. The journey was actually quite short though so I'm rather impressed.
Alighted at clementi mall to grab some stuff from papermaeket.. Wanted to get KOI but apparently the outlet there has closed down! This helped me make a decision though despite me not being able to get it for such a long time..
Went to Jurong point instead attempting to develop photos but they can't read my phone so unlucky me is unlucky! Now i have to transfer to thumbdrive and go and print it again>.< Came all the way to Jp to develop but in the end can't! So went to dabao-ed dinner and sharetea for bro and myself before heading home!
Wintermelon milk tea! My all time Favourite in shareteaaaaa:DD
Went to Jp again on Sunday after waking up at 11.45am like a piggo! Developed photos-> collected my postage-> shopped awhile on DIY stuffs-> home sweet home! Just a 2hr walking at Jp and homed!
Collected my bro's cap which I can wear as well so now I have 2 caps! Hehe so pretty and nice but I dunno if I'm the type that suits wearing caps;P
Bro's going into NS in 9 more days which is 1 week + more! So sad! Can't imagine what it will be like though but I'm sure I'm definitely crying that day! Crybaby trait on me is never gonna be erased but I like this trait of mine. Seriously, crying for everything and anything.. Don't provoke me coz when I say I cry I will really cry and you won't want to see me crying ^^
Heading back to WWSS coz I can't be there for the celebration on Thursday! How sad can this be! But oh well since I can't make it coz I'm working at expo fair I guess it's worth it.. The person have yet contacted us on the training day so I'm not sure to be happy or not coz getting the job don't feels real to me:((
Macarons that dad brought back to end the night! Seriously it's very yummy my new like new craving! So many flavours to choose from but have to share! If only everything is mine that will be awesomeeee! Hahaha greedy me!
That's all everybody! Can't wait to meet my teachers tmr! Goodnitezzz!



















Comments
Post a Comment