My first event.

14september2013! The day, my event day! Mid-autumn festival with the elderly at esplanade and I'm happy that 17/22 of CS turned up! So thankful for you guys without all of you I guess none of the events could work work!

So so meet the peeps at city hall mrt station.. Waited awhile more for those that were late before walking to the meeting point! The route there was solely based on my memory from the recce with ms Goh a few weeks back so I'm happy I still rmb my way!>.<

We were very early so briefed through about what we are supposed to do and took some pictures of the scenery before we went back into the air-con coz it was really super duper hot!




Wait waited waiting and finally one by one the elderlys came! 3 modes of transportation to bring the elderly from all around Singapore to this place, this event, this concert! Taxis, van & minibus! 

After today, I realized it's actually a really great feeling to actually have an elderly holding on to your hand, relying on you on every step they take. While walking and chit-chatting! I'm really impressed by every single one of them I interacted with.. They were the one initiating things to talk about and holding on so tightly! Glad to feel and help them and make them feel happy:)

Dinner before the concert started! Tbh expo's dinner provided is so much nicer! Can't help comparing coz the dinner box just makes me think of work @ expo! Hehe anw hungry as always so I ate and ate and ate! 


The concert started and the elderly were enjoying it! More like a higher class getai style where singer sing and interact! 

An incident happened which I guess affected us where one of the elderly was not feeling well and wanted to go back home. She wanted bread so Eddie, JiaYun & zoey ran to marina square to buy for her.. Just can't help feeling that I'm not doing enough for the rlderly.. Sitting there doing nothing when it's my event.. Hais hais! I hope really hope the elderly is feeling better and okay by now.. She's hurting but none of us could do anything:(((

A few changes made to the scheduled plan so the whole event dragged and ended much later than expected! Majority of the elderly were not interested in the lantern walkabout so they stayed while the rest had fun! Was only supposed to watch the first part of the concert but in the end stayed and watched the secon part as well so ended at 9pm! Distributed goodie bags containing mooncake and group shot before we leave the place!

















Helped the elderly get up the vehicles and bid farewell to them! I didn't have the chance to really interacted with the elderly I'm allocated to but I definitely think she's a nice lady and jokes once in awhile! Stay cheerful and hyper everyday and take care of yourself!^^ 


The van of the day! Thanks Caleb for volunteering to accompany and help these elderly back home! Really appreciate it alot alot! :D

Attempted to take a group photo before we separated but oh we'll we failed! Some were not looking and busy Caleb have to make sure what he was supposed to do so yah.. A mianqiang shot to end the event!

All of us were lethargic, dead beat so we separated! Jurong area peeps boarded the minibus coz the driver could alight us at Redhill MRT station! Me, Eddie, jiayiss, JiaYun & Xavyer boarded the bus with 4 other elderly! Chatted awhile with le bro about my event before he get high and all~~


I'm happy and sad that this event ended coz there's really alot of things that happen in between this event! Still thankful for all my CS mates that turned up and not complaining to whatever they are supposed to do! Thanks alot alot:) I can say my event is successful right! Thanks to my vice-chair as well, SIMJIAYI! We were both so busy these few days but we still managed to do it! Thanks:) 

Nice people all around us! Initial intention was to drop us off at Redhill mrt but the driver dropped us at jurong east mrt! Definitely more convenient for every single one of us on board! Thanks uncle^^ He might not know us but he's willing to make this extra effort for us! Really thankful and happy for that:)) 


Brother's having tough trainings for IPPT! I dunno if it's tough or not but I shall just assume it is okay! So so happy that I managed to speak to him for the first time despite him calling back every single day! I literally cried after talking to him! He really become mature already will say he miss me and ask me to not fight with my parents! He's not like that in the past! He really changed from AH BOY TO MEN alreadyyy! I'm touched and don't know how to react at that point of time! Hehehe can't wait for brother to be back! In the meantime, JIAYOU! 

Another event in the morning tmr! Reporting at 9.15 @ bishan mrt! I should really sleep! Hehehe! Goodnight world and see you all soon^^ 

Comments

Popular Posts